In order to participate in the event, you must raise a minimum of $500 in pledges to Easter Seals Michigan. Please have your pledges raised and paid to ESM by January 27, 2019. If you need any assistance with your fundraising or have any questions, please let us know. Any cash, check, or credit card donations can be made in person on the day of the event. Donations via credit card can also be accepted via telephone at 248-475-3624.
Here are a few suggestions to help you raise the money:
- Ask your friends and family to support or sponsor your efforts.
- Ask your employer or other companies to sponsor you by pledging or matching each donation.
- Send emails to everyone in your address book with the link to your personal Over the Edge website.
- Post a link on your Facebook page. Spread the word via Twitter or LinkedIn.
- Consider riding in For Women Only in honor or memory of someone, and let everyone know that.
- Hold little events such as bake sales or craft sales. Set up a table at your next snowmobile club meeting, a grocery store, or at your local church, with big signs that display the donations are for the benefit of Easter Seals Michigan programs and services.
- We can email you flyers for this event as well to place at local schools or businesses. Just send us your requests.
Be sure to let everyone know that 100% of the money they are donating stays in Michigan, and goes directly to support the programs and services that Easter Seals Michigan provides. Easter Seals Michigan serves and supports people with disabilities or special needs and their families so they can successfully live, learn, work and play in their communities.
Please remember that the minimum amount participants must raise is $500, and we ask that you not stop your fundraising efforts at that point.
For Women Only is one of the most important fundraisers for Easter Seals Michigan, and it will make a huge difference in the lives of thousands of Michigan individuals and their families. In previous years, some of our participants raised well over their individual goals. We expect to shatter our highest year’s fundraising records, and we can only do that with your commitment to raise as much money as you possibly can.
That said, we are extremely grateful for every dollar raised.